Whole wheat flour is one of the world’s most commonly used types of flour. It is a nutritionally rich, tasty and affordable flour that is readily available everywhere. While using whole wheat flour is extremely common in most homes in India, it is also true that some remain sceptical about it.
Therefore, let us explore the advantages of adding whole wheat flour to our diets. Using a high quality whole wheat flour like Aashirvaad Atta is the right choice. It is sourced, processed and packaged hygienically to lock in the nutrition and great taste of whole wheat flour.
There are many nutritional benefits, and avenues for cooking some truly delicious food items with whole wheat flour. Here are some of the reasons why we believe you should allow whole wheat flour to play a more pivotal role in your daily diet.
- Whole wheat flour is a source of dietary fibre which aids in digestion, and contributes to keeping your gut healthy and happy. Proper digestion can relieve a number of ailments such as backaches, headaches, indigestion and more.
- Besides dietary fibre, whole wheat flour is also a source of protein. It helps increase your strength and contributes to muscle building along with some other beneficial qualities. Protein also helps reduce unhealthy cravings for food, boosts your metabolism, lowers blood pressure and it is also good for your bones.
- Whole wheat flour is also rich in carbohydrates which gives your body the energy to go about your day without feeling exhausted prematurely. Carbohydrates are important for the well-being of your body when consumed in moderation.
- There are also a number of nutrients and minerals that are present in whole wheat flour. Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Manganese, Phosphorus and Folate (Vitamin B9) all become a part of your daily diet with whole wheat flour.
- Whole wheat flour also contains phytic acid and ferulic acid. They are antioxidants that keep the free radicals in your body in check.
- Besides being good for your health, whole wheat flour is simply a versatile ingredient to cook with. It can be used to make many different types of flatbreads that you can pair with your favourite meals. Whole wheat flour is also an excellent ingredient for baking and preparing desserts such as Halwa and Barfi.
- Rotis and other flatbreads prepared with AASHIRVAAD Atta remain softer for longer due to their higher water absorption levels. This makes the rotis fluffier and more pleasant to pair with your favourite foods.
Therefore when you include whole wheat flour in your diet, you not only reward yourself with food that tastes great but also food that nourishes your body.